New! IBM will be making significant simplification enhancements in its software on-premise channel incentive portfolio in the coming months. Read all about the enhancements.
IBM offers distribution models for maximizing your profits by reselling IBM Software, based on your clients' needs and your investment in skills.
Open products All IBM Business Partners can resell these through the Passport Advantage program.
Authorized products Rewards Business Partners who invest in skills and high value solutions.
IBM Business Partners who have obtained authorization through SVP can resell authorized products.
Business value in becoming an authorized Business Partner in IBM Software Value Plus.
Expand your support for new market segments
Increase your upsell opportunities
Make your sales cycles more productive
Increase your revenue
"The IBM Software Value Plus program is IBM Software Group's most innovative and customer focused initiative to date. By aligning customers with its most skilled Business Partners like Ascendant Technology, IBM is reinforcing its commitment to customer value and to building a smarter planet."
Software Value Plus participants may request a Technical Advocate. To be eligible for a Technical Advocate, Business Partners will be required to meet skill and technical requirements, as well as receive local sales team approval.
The following steps should be taken for Business Partners who wish to resell in Open Distribution countries or who wish to resell Open Distribution products in Authorized countries.
- You must be a member of PartnerWorld. When you apply for PartnerWorld, you may continue on to agree to the IBM Business Partner Agreement and resell in the same application.
To enroll in PartnerWorld, click the link below then click on "Create a new company registration":
If you enrolling in PartnerWorld and applying for SVP at the same time, at the end of the PartnerWorld enrollment process you will be asked “Would you like to apply now for a Business Partner Agreement to sell IBM hardware, software or services?” Click the box and continue to step 5 below
If your company is already a PartnerWorld member, your Authorized Profile Administrator (APA) should do the following:
- APA defined in HQ location must sign in with IBM ID (user ID) and password;
- Click on "Relationship Management" (left navigation menu);
- Click on "Apply and Manage Relationships" (left navigation menu);
- Click on the "Apply for a New Relationship" button
- Choose the IBM software relationship type desired:
- Software Reseller
- Software Solution Provider
- Support Provider
- Choose only "Software Open Distribution Products" as your SVP Product Group
- If you are also enrolling in SVI, select the desired SVI Product Groups
- Choose a Preferred Value Added Distributor (if you are also enrolling in SVI, you will need to choose a Preferred VAD. If you are not participating in SVI, choose either "IBM.COM" or "Distributor not Listed"
- Accept the Business Partner Agreement
- Complete the list of key company contacts
- Register sales people for the Integrity Training
- If requested, upload your company registration and tax registration documents
- Complete the Global Compliance Questionnaire
- Submit the request
Authorization to resell IBM Software products is achieved at the Product Group level.
Business Partners can easily view up to date information on products authorized for sale through the reseller channel on the reseller Passport Advantage Online (PAO) site.
Once on the PAO site, choose the "price files" link and download the file for the desired country. These files include SVP information. There are both software and software as a service (SaaS) versions of these files.