How do you want to work with IBM?
Grow your business with IBM Cloud and add your business and industry expertise to create new services and capabilities for your clients. Help your clients by enabling them with ways to serve their clients better, by developing new services and revenue streams with less effort, energy and expense. Choose the business model that is right for you and provide your clients with choice and flexibility of hosted, on-premises, or hybrid models. Leverage the new IBM SaaS Reseller Incentives for land, nurture and expand. Download the Business Partner Operations Guide (PDF, 752KB)
* Please Note: ESA replaces Application Specific Licensing (ASL) for new business.
Want to know which solutions are available?
IBM provides a variety of opportunities with a broad portfolio of IBM and Business Partner Hosted solutions for your clients. Choose the business model that is right for you and present your clients with choices of hosted, on-premises, or hybrid models whichever best suits their needs to ensure success.
IBM Hosted XaaS Offering Channel Options (XLSX, 51.5KB)
Business model definitions
- Software Value Incentive (SVI) - An initiative designed to reward you for the role you play and the value your business brings throughout different stages of the sales cycle, opportunity identification and selling IBM middleware to customers.
- Referral Incentive for SaaS and Software - Earn rich fee rewards when selling to commercial (non-government) clients. Identify opportunities and co-sell (IBM) SaaS with IBM sellers. You introduce and recommend the IBM SaaS offerings to your customers while IBM builds the quote and handles the contracting of the SaaS service.
- SoftLayer Referral Program - If your clients, partners, peers, or extended family members look to you for recommendations on “where in the cloud” they should host their online resources, you should join our Referral Program. Our easy-to-use referral portal, simple commission structure, and automated monthly payments, make it the easiest program in the industry for referring leads and being rewarded for your effort.
- Software Value Plus (SVP) - IBM offers distribution models for maximizing your profits by reselling IBM Software, based on your clients' needs and your investment in skills. SVP provides authorization to resell IBM Software products and approval to resell authorized products rewards Business Partners who invest in skills and high value solutions.
- SoftLayer Channel Reseller Program - Our cloud integrates into any hosting business and provides performance and reliability. And to make reselling SoftLayer even easier, our SoftLayer Channel Reseller program provides generous volume discounts as well as a number of exclusive benefits and features.
- SaaS Solution Provider (SSP) - Sell, configure, price, quote, invoice, and provide service and end user business support. IBM hosts the SaaS offering and provides support to solution providers.
- ESA - A new agreement called Embedded Solution Agreement or ESA which will allow our Business Partners to embed IBM software at an attractive price into their applications/solutions and sell that solution to end using customers. So the Business Partner is the IBM Client, licensing the software to embed and enhance their solution which they sell to end user customers. ESA replaces Application Specific Licensing (ASL).
- SoftLayer Services and Solution Provider Program - Gives you access to: best practices for building high performance solutions on our world-class platform, high-quality content and professional IT trainers to develop your skills, and go-to-market opportunities with potential for co-marketing funding.
- Primary Support Provider (PSP) - Build, sell and deliver On-premise or Business Partner hosted Software as a Service with the IBM Sales Team. Aimed at Business Partners who wish to develop and provide exceptional technical support for their own custom client solutions built on IBM software, the IBM Primary Support Provider – business model is supported by a contract amendment under IBM Software Value Plus (SVP).
- Managed Service Provider (MSP) - Deliver IBM software with an approved managed service. Deliver managed services combining value-add components and skills, with IBM bundled Software, while gaining support and benefits through IBM PartnerWorld. IBM offers solutions and services that help managed service providers (MSPs) and cloud service providers (CSPs) with the infrastructure choices that optimize their cloud-based or transforming services models.
- IBM x Service Provider (xSP) - The Attachment for Service Providers is an attachment to a unique IBM International Passport Advantage (PA) Agreement. When executed with a unique PA Agreement, it allows the PA Agreement holder (e.g., an IT Service Provider) to acquire and use licenses solely to provide IT services (commercial hosting or other commercial information technology services) to third party Customer End Users. The licenses may not be resold, leased, rented or transferred to third parties nor used for internal IT operational purposes.