Five easy steps to get started
Build an effective marketing and sales plan to reap the rewards in the midmarket.
- Listen to the "Jumpstart your software sales in the Midmarket!" webcast replay to learn about available resources for selling in the midmarket. (below)
- Read the latest market intelligence: where the growth is, what small and medium business (SMB) buyers really want.
- Learn about IBM Software's award-winning capabilities, designed and validated specifically for midsized customers.
- Use the ready-to-run midmarket sales and marketing plays with supporting materials and tools. New! 1H12 Lead Progression Kit for Small Deals in Midmarket (PPT, 1.6MB)
- Earn best-of-breed incentives: make more money and profit selling into companies with 1000 or fewer employees!
Step 1: Listen to the Jumpstart event call
Step 2: Read the latest market intelligence
Step 3: Learn about IBM Software
IBM Midmarket Portfolio Briefcase for Partners (PPT, 229KB). The IBM Software Midmarket portfolio is designed to drive increased consideration for IBM among businesses with 100 to 999 employees and with our Business Partners. These offerings meet midmarket readiness criteria and align to Smarter Planet themes to deliver the infrastructure and business solution capabilities midsized businesses need.
Training and certification
If you have a goal, we can show you how to it can be reached. Start here to build your skills or earn IBM certifications.
Learn how IBM Software is fueling a Smarter Planet:
The Midmarket cloud opportunity
A whitepaper is available from consulting firm Wohl Associates - Profiting from the Cloud: A New Opportunity for IBM Business Partners (PDF, 185KB). This white paper will allow you to consider what role you might like to play in this important market and how IBM can engage with you to help meet your goals.
The Cloud Computing Architecture Certification is available worldwide. By achieving the industry’s first Cloud Computing Architecture certification, IBM Business Partners can showcase their advanced skills for a competitive advantage.
Step 4: Sales and marketing plays
Use the ready-to-run SMB sales and marketing plays to get a fast start in your go-to-market activities. Review the enablement resources, demand generation assets and marketing offers—all specific to the midmarket offering portfolio and designed for Business Partners.
Step 5: Earn best-of-breed incentives
Selling into the high-growth SMB marketplace is more lucrative than ever. Take advantage of the rich set of sales incentives available across IBM's portfolio of hardware, software and services offerings—all designed to help you increase your earning and profit potential as you successfully sell solutions, products and services to your midmarket clients.
Software Value Plus
IBM offers distribution models for maximizing your profits by reselling IBM Software, based on your clients' needs and your investment in skills. Get learn more about Software Value Plus and the benefits of becoming a Software Value Plus Business Partner.
Contact us with questions at IBMSWBP@us.ibm.com