All IBM Business Partners who are members of the IBM PartnerWorld Program - Member, Advanced or Premier- are eligible to submit a nomination for a Beacon Award.
IBM reserves the right to decline any Beacon Award nomination from any Business Partner who is not in good standing with their IBM PartnerWorld or IBM Business Partner agreements.
- A complete award nomination must include BOTH a nomination form and a client reference. Additional client references and solution-related attachments are optional. The one exception to this is the Digital Marketing Excellence Award which does not require a client reference.
- The nomination form, client reference(s) and any other attachments included in the nomination package must be submitted in English. [Please note: the solution may be developed in any language, but the entry itself must be submitted in English.]
- IBM Business Partner solutions must be implemented AFTER September 1st, 2015 in order to be nominated for an IBM Beacon Award.
- Solutions that have been recognized as a Beacon Award winner in either 2015 or 2016 are not eligible.
- Solutions recognized as Beacon Award winners, PRIOR to 2015, can be nominated under the following conditions: 1) The solution has been significantly enhanced since September 1st, 2015 to take advantage of new technologies; 2) The solution has been enhanced since September 1st, 2015 to provide additional functionality or services to the client; and/or 3) The client reference must be DIFFERENT than the client reference submitted with the winning nomination.
- The same solution can be submitted for multiple award categories, however, a DIFFERENT client reference must accompany each submission.
- At least one of the client solution implementations, included on the nomination form, must be submitted as a client reference.
- The name and title of an authorized representative from the IBM Business Partner must be included in the nomination to demonstrate the company’s consent for the submission.
- IBM employees nominating an IBM Business Partner solution must provide the name and title of an authorized representative from the IBM Business Partner company as proof of identity and consent to the nomination.
- Your client must agree to be a reference for IBM. If your client is not willing to be contacted by IBM with a request to be used in a reference situation, please do not use them. Also, please ensure there is no agreement in place which prohibits the disclosure of submitted information (e.g. considered a trade secret or prohibited by a Nondisclosure agreement).
- Eligible references will count toward IBM PartnerWorld level achievement (1 for Gold; 2 for Platinum) only after the reference has been verified. The reference must be approved for external use with either clients and/or other Business Partners. Learn more.
- After the judging is complete, all submitted client references will be moved into the standard client reference process for review and posting to the IBM Client Reference Database.
- Client references that are currently published in the IBM Client Reference Database can be used to complete your award nomination, as long as, the original publication date is September 1, 2015 or later.
- Client Permission Agreements are required for submissions for clients located in Germany and Italy; and clients located in France, Belgium or Luxembourg for IBM Global Technology Services – Infrastructure Services solutions. Learn more about agreements
- IBM may not be used by an IBM Business Partner as a client reference.
- Nominations should not include any information considered confidential to you or any other party.
- All submitted nominations are considered final. Without exception, nominations saved as draft and not submitted by November 18, 2016 at 5:00 PM EST (New York) will not be judged.
- Improperly submitted or incomplete nominations will not be judged.
- IBM’s decisions are final. IBM reserves the right to modify or eliminate categories and the stated procedures and/or criteria in whole or in part at any time without notice.
- The judging period will conclude in December and winners and finalists will be notified thereafter.
- If you have questions or require additional information, please contact email@example.com.